Blessings of Arunachala: A Solo Travelogue

 


This web-book is a fourteen-part travelogue of a solo road trip I did in 2018 from Pune to Tiruvannamalai.

It describes all the challenges I faced on the road with my car, my month-long stay in Tiruvannamalai, visits to Sri Ramana Ashram, visiting Virupaksha cave on Arunachala, doing the Girivalam (pradakshina of Mt. Arunachala), and meetings with interesting people in Tiruvannamalai.

I hope you enjoy the story.

Table of Contents

  1. A Swarm of Bikes
  2. Battery Dead
  3. No Headlights
  4. Pyramid Valley
  5. Dear Map Lady, I Need a Horse to Enter the Forest
  6. Relaxing in Tiruvannamalai
  7. Sri Ramana Ashram
  8. My Daily Schedule in Tiruvannamalai
  9. Conversations
  10. An Unlikely Maternity Home
  11. The Legendary Arunachala
  12. Return to Pune
This is a map of the route from Pune to Tiruvannamalai.